Retail Product Development - Senior Business Analyst
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
The position is responsible to work with Retail and Product Development team’s to identify and evaluate business needs and system modifications. This position is responsible to help coordinate activities pertaining to the implementation of new application systems and application enhancements including, but not limited to, conducting business discovery sessions, conference room pilots, assist in creating test scripts and conducting functional testing, user testing, user training and user-related implementation activities. This includes owning the functional and understanding the technical aspects of kate spade’s application suite as well as end user and production support. This position will contribute to the strategic development of the Retail business functions & systems and will partner with the PMO group during project planning, program management and implementations activities.
- Provide functional and technical expertise and partner with key external vendors in order to resolve issues. Ensure that merchandising, planning and Product Development (PLM) systems interact effectively with other related systems.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and functional support of additional projects and systems designed to build-out retail capabilities.
- Act as a liaison between the PMO and Merchandising/Planning teams and the technical IT experts.
- Prepare any or all of the following documents and manage updates, as needed:
- Functional Requirements Definition
- Business Processes
- Quality Assurance Plan and Test Scripts
- Training Plan
- Post Implementation / Business Integration Plan
- Issues Management Log
- 4-year degree; advanced degree a plus.
Minimum 2-3 years Merchandise Planning and Product Development systems experience; 6 or more years of total work experience
- Ability to run SQL queries against the backend databases to trouble shoot
- Ability to run reports against the backend database to identify any data integrity issues
- Interpret error logs in Unix
- Ability to trouble shoot errors in Unix
- Ability to run scripts in Unix for fixing production data issues.
- Experience with JDA and Centric Software PLM systems a plus
- Collaborating cross functionally to implement new systems and tools in an international, multi-channel environment
- Presenting and recommending strategies to the business users and IS/IT organization
- Influencing and communicating at a variety of associate and management levels
- Extremely strong follow up skills and issues tracking / follow up experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting complex material in an organized and compelling manner
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications and a thorough understanding of business intelligence tools.
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran