SMCP North America, business unit of SMCP Group, lead the development of Parisian brands Sandro and Maje in North America. It directly operates 129 points of sales in the US and Canada, and gathers about 450 staff.
With three distinct contemporary Parisian fashion brands, SMCP is a global leading company in the accessible luxury sector. The Group operates 1,176 points of sales and its brands are present in 35 countries worldwide as of June 2016. Evelyne Chetrite and Judith Milgrom founded Sandro and Maje in Paris, in 1984 and 1998 respectively and continue to provide creative direction for the brands. Claudie Pierlot was also founded in 1984 by Madame Claudie Pierlot, and acquired by the Group in 2009.
The Regional Retail Director is a key leadership position within the retail management team. The Regional Retail Director will oversee the day to day business, commerciality and sales generation and serve as a direct liaison between District Managers, Market Managers, General Managers, and the North America President / CEO.
This position will motivate and inspire the District/Market/General Managers and internal business partners to achieve sales targets, promote high standards of service to customers and run efficient, operationally sound stores within budget guidelines.
The Regional Retail Director will ensure that the team upholds the SMCP brand image while acting as the commercial brand ambassador in N. America.
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least 7 years of experience in retail management
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
· Experienced leader and trainer of teams
· Foreign Languages, a plus
· Highly motivated, self-starting individual & strategic thinker
· Must be hands on and enjoy working in a highly creative and entrepreneurial environment
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
· Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible
· Must have strong multi-tasking skills and be able to work well under pressure
· Demonstrate strong project management, team leadership and the ability to deliver results
· Strong analytical skills
· Flexible and able to adapt to change within an evolving group
· Must have exceptional customer service orientation
· Must have exceptional leadership and coaching skills