HUGO BOSS is a world market leader in the premium fashion and luxury segment of the apparel industry. The Savannah Distribution Center currently operates as a Foreign Trade Zone and receives/ships approximately 6M units annually to 80 company owned Retail stores and over 300 Wholesale points of sale. The Receiving Manager is responsible for receipt of all air, ground and ocean routed deliveries into Savannah facility, meeting or exceeding established customer service criteria. Efficiency, increased productivity and accuracy are all part of his/her successful team development. Manager will also be responsible for development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as they relate to inbound area and new system implementation. Position requires strong communication skills with all areas of DC management to and Savannah import team to prioritize hot shipments when occasion arises.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Ensure staff is fully trained on all product groups of inbound receiving.
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Perform observations on associates monthly.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure all shipments are being processed according to department guidelines to include quality of goods (i.e. damage to units). Maintain and provide data on damaged/ missing goods.
- Report receiving discrepancies to the Import Department.
- Ensure receipts are processed according to date and time of delivery.
- Communicate with our IT helpdesk (USA or Germany), New York office and Management.
- Responsible for receiving discrepancies sheets and providing a signed copy to the Import Department.
- Communicate with our Import Department regarding inquiries, advising of any exceptions and the current status of shipments.
- Ensure all associates meet their productivity goals by conducting weekly meeting with department leads to identify opportunities to improve and reduce problems and constraints.
- Ensure all associates have the necessary tools to perform their tasks.
- Ensure that all drivers provide photo identification and sign in before cargo is received.
- Enforce dock safety at all times. Also make all associates check that truck ignition is off and chock blocks are secure before receiving cargo.
- Maintain documentation for receiving procedures, affirming that they are updated with any process changes.
- Oversee the supplying of materials and department equipment (i.e. hangers, RF guns, etc). Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures. Oversee the rotation and ordering of materials, such as hangers.
Knowledge, Skill, Experience:
- Minimum Education ( or substitute experience) required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering, masters preferred
- Training or Experience in applying LEAN or Six Sigma Principles
- Minimum Experience required:
- 5+ years of previous experience in progressively senior leadership roles within Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Experience in apparel or retail industry preferred
- Leadership and change management skills required
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Unquestionable work ethic, personal integrity and honesty
- Skills Required:
- Knowledge in ERP systems, SAP in particular, exposure to Warehouse Management Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, power point, or similar collaborative tools
- Exceptional communication skills
Physical Job Description
Typical Working Conditions:
(Describe the Environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold etc.)
Building is climate controlled
(List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions)
Computer, RF gun, printers, pallet jack, tape gun
Essential Physical Tasks:
(List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions)
Occasional lifting of up to fifty pounds, walking and standing for extended periods, opening and closing of dock doors
Analysis of Physical Demands
Key (Based on typical week):
R=Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
O=Occasional (1%-33% of time)
F=Frequent (34%-66% of time)
C=Constant (over 66% of time)