QUALITY ENGINEER - Jewelry, Accessories & Footwear
JOIN US AS A QUALITY ENGINEER – JEWELRY, ACCESSORIES & FOOTWEAR
The retail landscape is changing – fast – and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and Merona, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop – in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.
Manage day-to-day Quality Assurance activities for consumer products. Manage the planning and execution of Target Product Safety Quality Assurance programs and processes to insure all owned brand products meet the high quality expectations of the Target guest
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Quality Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Utilize knowledge of product engineering/manufacturing, engineering principles and tools, raw materials characteristics, and intended product use of categories assigned.
- Proactive involvement in product development and quality/cost review including milestone measurements to assure proper insertion of QA process and use of elevated QA requirements for product and factory risk.
- Support other partners to insure factory evaluations, field inspections, sourcing validation, and product testing functions meet Target Product Safety Quality Assurance (PSQA)department objectives
- Provide appropriate technical direction and guidance to Target team members, as well as external vendor partners
- Support Product Design & Development as the subject expert in quality design and manufacturing principles and/or Quality Assurance
- Coordinate disposition of product test reports and ensure appropriate follow up with internal and external customers
- Effectively communicate quality direction, policy and procedure throughout the organization, vendors, and factories.
- Utilize 6 Sigma and engineering tools such as FMEA to structure risk mitigation reduction based on either failure (mode) effect severity reduction or based on lowering the probability of failure.
- Centralize processes and act as a primary contact for field operations, merchants and sourcing personnel for departments of responsibility
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (mechanical, material, industrial, multi-discipline etc.) and/or 3-5 years technical disciplines (i.e. Quality Management, Textile Science) equivalent and/or retail compliance, quality management, product or manufacturing industry equivalent.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or product development in related field
- Knowledge of quality control/assurance processes and procedures, such as DMAIC, control charting, cause & effect, data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office software applications and use
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Project Management skills
- Collaborative focus and ability to work successfully across functional areas.
- Able to read and interpret statutes and legislations into PSQA compliance and quality program.
- Knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), which contains all of the process and technical details necessary to comply with regulations, certification, and due care, which gives Target the expertise necessary to ensure that vendors’ documents meet the law.
- Ability to understand and implement appropriate industry standards such as ASTM, ANSI, BIFMA and BSI
- Experience in retail merchandise operations or support (Buying, Sourcing, QA OR Design)
- Field Auditing experience
- 6Sigma certified
- Member of industry QA organizations and certifications