Women’s RTW Brand headquartered in Miami, Florida is seeking a candidate with experience in purchasing/sourcing raw materials. Must be a hardworking and detail oriented individual who is willing to work in a fast paced team environment. Candidate is responsible for the timely and cost-effective strategic sourcing of raw material as well as communicating with the production director in developing and implementing appropriate sourcing strategies. Must manage and develop all supplier relationships
both domestically and internationally as well as look for new strategic suppliers. Proactive follow up of samples from suppliers as well as production to ensure deadlines are met. Candidate must also help in preparing necessary trims/materials needed per style. Looking for at least 3-5 years experience with relevant knowledge in textiles and apparel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• Sourcing new fabrics/trims and vendors worldwide that fit our look and price point.
• Development of new trims requested by design room.
• Self motivated and taking the initiative to show new trims to design based on the latest trends and newest products available in the market.
• Placing of production orders; negotiating prices and deliveries.
• Maintain a trim and fabric library and create binders for reference with all info attached.
• Keeping clear and concise records of all fabrics and trims; production, development, new sourcing, as well as all pricing and info, updating all info as needed.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• 3+ years of relevant experience required.
• Extensive knowledge of a variety of mass market fabric and trims for the market.
• Must have multiple vendor contacts to source from.
• Extremely organized and detail orientated.
• Team player willing to do what’s needed to accomplish multiple tasks.
• Works well with multiple types of personalities and situations.
• A willingness and desire to re-examine what you know in order to continually challenge your creativity/ability to delve deep and think big, not just thinking of the small picture but rather big picture branding.