PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
Established optical company is seeking an experienced Public Relations Communication Manager to join their Marketing team to increase the effectiveness of company’s media strategy and marketing position. This position will be responsible for the following:
Effectively communicate the brand and each collection release to multiple audiences.
- Obtain specific information on brand positioning, trends and product descriptions through co-management of product content meetings.
- Responsibility includes complete understanding of brand positioning and the individual frames and their relevancy to the marketplace and the collection.
- Manage incoming media requests and build relationships with industry journalists.
- Pitch stories to the media based on marketing goals; field media calls and monitor press and social coverage.
- Support brands in direct to consumer positioning and placements.
- Research marketing and positioning opportunities within industry.
- Create, execute and measure media campaigns.
- Write blog posts, articles, press releases, media alerts, communications materials, and other digital material. Determine relevant online and social channels for optimal engagement.
- Identify key messages that support sales and marketing plan, determine appropriate distribution channels and cohesively communicate to the industry.
- Work directly with design team to develop concepts and materials.
- Research marketing and industry trends. Ability to read, interpret and act upon analysis information.
- Utilize social media to deliver PR messages.
- Develop social media campaigns to support media relations and sales efforts for both trade and corporate.
- Marry PR approach with ongoing social strategy and monthly sales/marketing goals.
- Monitor online conversations and participate in those conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Using Google Analytics, Insights and Sprout Social and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Provide ROI data and explanation
- Develop and maintain our organization's corporate image and identity.
- Outreach to promote and support corporate positioning through communications, and media relationships on a local and business level.
- Position company locally as a leader within small business environment.
- Seek out opportunities for awareness and positioning; craft message and promote.
- Support company philanthropic outreach through social, content and PR channels on local and national level.
- Devote time to plan events that will increase company exposure.
The qualified candidate MUST have:
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, or similar field.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional writing experience in corporate communications, public relations, social media, marketing department or creative department.
- Worked for companies that sold tangible products (fashion industry)
- Experience writing business-to-business copy as well as consumer copy.
- Comfort with public speaking; versed in managing and developing industry relationships.
- Experience working with editors
For immediate consideration please send your resume in MS Word format outlining your related experience working for companies in the fashion industry. This is an excellent opportunity offering great benefits and culture. Opportunity to work from home a few days a week.