Public Relations Associate
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
This person will work with the Senior Manager, Public Relations to develop and execute a strategic, integrated public relations plan to build awareness for, and further position the ksny as a global lifestyle brand.
- Support execution of year-long strategic plan to continue to build credibility for women’s, men’s, children’s and home.
- Support aligning domestic agencies to create and execute a collective year-long strategy, including events, to increase brand awareness
- Improve overall communication with all teams resulting in increased coverage and visibility.
- Work to ensure media placements increase and reflect accurate message pull through and brand POV as we tell our story
- Support on all aspects of brand visibility, including but not limited to: product placement, internal presentation, external presentation, all events, media alerts, celebrity placements and partnerships.
- Support the JACK SPADE brand and position it as a go-to men’s ready to wear and accessories destination.
- Support the execution of a strategy that accurately and authentically communicates the JACK SPADE brand story
- Help identify new, exciting brand moments with innovative partners to increase brand visibility
- Continue to focus on editor relationships specific to JACK SPADE
- Build brand loyalty through presenting high-quality and desirable product in a brand-right way, facilitating product loans, continually pitching products for inclusion across the media landscape, and strategic editor entertaining
- Support identifying brand ambassadors with significant social, digital and societal influence across various media outlets
- Expand brand awareness and increase visibility for kate spade new york by supporting team on innovative initiatives that reach beyond our existing visibility.
- Support strengthening editor relationships beyond top publications, to new and interesting digital outlets in order to reach different markets through product placement, gifting, and entertaining.
- Help identify and manage key partner relationships.
- Help identify aspiration celebrities and digital influencers that broaden the perception of kate spade new york.
- Seed product that will encourage these target partners to organically and authentically support the brand’s lifestyle position
- Continue focus on mixing product categories, to reflect the breadth of offerings.
- Manage editor relationship building (market editors)
- Media monitoring/credit checking
- Oversee master media list and Fashion GPS
- Draft PR documents (releases, key messages, run of shows, call sheets, etc.)
- Draft Spotted!, Hot Off The Press and Monthly Report
- Manage editor gifting, sample trafficking and closet
- Manage styling days (internal and external fashion shows)
- Department invoices support
- Minimum three to five years public relations experience in the fashion and/or creative industries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of brand aesthetics and market place
- Detail oriented proactive ability to multi task and prioritize
- College degree preferred
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran