The Programmer Analyst will work closely with the business to formulate and define system functional requirements based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, processes, and industry best practices. The position will help troubleshoot and solve problems, test and implement solution.
- Support business applications to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
- Design, code, test, debug, document and maintain programs; work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Involvement in creation of test plans, validation of test results, deployment, training and adoption of new and upgraded business systems.
- Operate as first line of communication to users to troubleshoot and solve problems. Escalate issues appropriately when they cannot be resolved within team
- Propose and explain alternative solutions when possible.
- Create other project deliverables as assigned.
- 2-3 years systems analysis and programming experience
- Advanced research and analytical skills in relation to business systems, process and data
- Excellent data management and problem solving skills
- Previous Tradestone/Bamboo Rose TradeEngine experience
- Ability to build strong partnerships with the business and IT
- Experience with .Net (C# and VB.NET) is required
- Experience with any of the following database systems: MS SQL Server, Oracle or Teradata
- Solid SQL writing skills
- Experience building Microsoft SSIS packages
- Strong communication skills with users and internal IT departments
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be eager to learn
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Experience in retail industry is preferred
- Experience with any Workforce management software
- Experience with any HR Management software
- Support of large distributed applications
- Experience building web applications