PRODUCTION: SENIOR PRODUCT APPROVAL ASSOCIATE
Reports To: Product Approval Manager/Senior Product Approval Manager/ Product Approval Director/Vice President of Product Approval
Direct Reports: None
Haddad Brands is a fast paced and very successful, privately held, NYC based, kid's apparel company.
Haddad Brands holds the global licenses for Nike, Jordan, Converse, Levi's, and Hurley children's wear. Our work environment is entrepreneurial, fast paced and FUN!
We are seeking a Senior Product Approval Associate as part of the Production Team. Haddad has a unique group focusing solely on the product approval process to ensure bulk fabric, art execution and trims are approved to Haddad Brands and licensors’ standards to drive product execution and on-time deliveries. The Product Approval Associate will support the Product Approval team.
- Interpret brand standards to provide clear direction on all approvals including fabric qualities, wash, lab dips, artwork, accessories, trims and pre-production samples in a timely manner
- Resolve pre-production and production issues by partnering with overseas vendors and offices to ensure timely delivery of all submissions and approvals
- Review all fabric standards and distribute overseas submissions daily in partnership with Design
- Send out fabric qualities, wash and color standards for production
- Maintain and update the tracking system to manage approvals and deliveries by category/brand
- Organize and maintain seasonal boards, directive assortments and design catalogs by brand
- Monitor Time & Actions calendars and PSR reports to ensure approval deadlines are met
- Partner with the Production and Sourcing teams to review placements by program and vendor
- Organize, approve and send back QRS samples overseas and licensors
- Hang and maintain pre-production sample rack
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Product Management, Fashion Merchandising or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Approval Coordinator or Product Approval Associate
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of fabric construction, finishes and trims
- Proficient in Microsoft Office