Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Who we are
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
Responsible for assisting the Sourcing Manager in sourcing quality product while meeting cost targets, overseeing production for on-time adherence, and improving overall damage and quality in the assigned category.
Product Development Responsibilities:
* Assists in the allocation of product to appropriate country and vendor and communicates this to overseas offices through PLM
* Communicates daily with vendors to monitor the progress of new developments and current production. Helps to ensure all costing is updated in a timely and accurate manner in PLM as well as being passed to internal teams.
* Assists in Product Development Meetings with Merchants and Design to review status of new developments
* Follows up on the pre-production process to ensure production is tracking on-time and meeting key milestone due dates
* Works closely with cross functional teams such as Merchandising, Design, Tech Design, Color, Brand Packaging, Planning, Order Management Specialists (OMS), and Logistics, Quality Assurance/Compliance, Customs
* Partners with Planning and OMS teams to ensure timely and accurate PPO/PO placement
* Assists in Cross Functional Meetings with Inventory, OMS and Merchants to inform them on the status of any late deliveries or quality issues
* Focus on Quality Assurance to help analyze multiple reports to ensure WSI standards. Trouble-shoots escalated issues and assists in initiating inventory inspections.
* Partner with global business teams to ensure timely placement with brand
* Review Damage & Quality reports for managed category
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 1-2 years experience with a retail or manufacturing company
* Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency, especially in Excel skills
* PLM experience a plus (but not required)
* High attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize
* Self-starter with strong work ethic and well organized
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Nearest Major Market: Brooklyn
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Retail Operations, Merchandising, Quality Assurance, QA, PLM, Retail, Technology, Quality, Management