PRODUCTION PLANNER - Premier Home Furnishing
Premier Home furnishing company seeks Production Planner for immediate hire. The Planning candidate must have experience in the following: Inventory Planning & Analysis, Communication with Retailer, Internal Communication and Analysis, Residual Inventory.
- Weekly Projection Flow Updates
- Plan production based on sales trends for modular programs
- Prioritize or delay production based on sales trends, promo plans, etc.
- Initiate new production buys based on retail performance and account intelligence.
- Future availability reports and inventory analysis required by retailers
- Strategies to expedite inventory movement
- Recommendations for additional orders
- Meetings with senior management on inventory control, buy approval, production and booking issues
- Meeting with sales weekly to review sales performance, production flows, new programs, program expirations
- Meet with operations weekly to prioritize production, review bookings and in-transits, resolve issues and raise production issues to senior management
- Maintain inventory information on residual inventory in projection flows. Review with sales during weekly projection flow meetings.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in wholesale planning environment
- Excellent oral / written communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent computer skills, with emphasis on advanced level Excel (must know V lookup) GRS system knowledge
- Knowledge of Warehouse environment, trucking, routing, freight