PRODUCTION PLANNER, Men's Apparel
ITOCHU Prominent USA designs and manufactures LeSportsac; men’s and women’s fabrics and finished garments for distribution to wholesalers and retailers. In addition, ITOCHU Prominent USA works with ITOCHU Japan to develop Japanese licensing and distribution programs for American and European fashion brands.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Production Planner to join our Men’s division - some of the brands we work with include Vince Camuto, Perry Ellis, Ryan Seacrest, Nautica.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS include the following:
- Assist in the preparation of samples to be presented to customers
- Receive and send specifications and layouts to vendors for making samples.
- Track all samples and prepare for delivery to customer.
- Coordinate & submits approvals, communicate and follow up between factories, fabric mills, accessory suppliers, and customer.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines for production; finish garment production and ship to customer on time.
- Communicate regularly with vendors and customers and assist in resolving any issues they may have on garment design, color, size, fitting, etc,
- Compile, record and maintain production data from such documents as customer orders, product specifications, and individual worker production sheets.
- Write and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly production reports based on data compiled, tabulated, and computed.
- Assist with compiling material inventory records and prepare requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ year of production experience.
- Fashion related experience, including textile and production, would be useful.
- Fabric knowledge.
- Basic import/export knowledge.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
ITOCHU Prominent USA offers a competitive compensation package along with excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter with salary requirements plus a resume
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ITOCHU Prominent USA is an equal opportunity employer.