About The Brand:
With an innovative approach to luxury, Eugenia Kim marries clean, classic shapes with fresh, feminine modernity and a playful sense of wit. Bold colors, unexpected trims and high-quality materials are the signature elements that define the collection every season.
In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia Kim created a feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of the inventive design, and soon after, Barneys New York placed their first order. As a result, the Eugenia Kim brand was born.
Launched as a millinery collection, the brand has since expanded its offerings into other categories of soft accessories, including a diffusion line, Genie by Eugenia Kim. In 2004, Eugenia introduced her highly coveted footwear collection, which was later re-launched in 2014.
Headquartered and handmade in her New York City studio, Eugenia Kim is sold in luxury retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Harvey Nichols and TsUM, in addition to over 300 specialty boutiques worldwide. The brand is also regularly featured in top fashion publications and has developed a cult celebrity following.
Eugenia has been awarded the honor of 'Accessories Designer of the Year' by the CFDA.
The ideal candidate is extremely organized, detail-oriented, hands on, possesses strong Excel and math skills and has prior production experience.
* Communicating daily with factories and in-house sewers to ensure timely delivery and quality product
* Managing and prioritizing the day's work for in-house sewers and answering questions and restocking supplies daily as needed
* Negotiating with suppliers to ensure the most cost-efficient prices and timely delivery of supplies and materials
* Tirelessly following up with factories for tracking numbers, delivery dates, production samples, bulk production etc.
* Assisting Director of Production with sourcing of new factories, materials, trims as needed
* Managing production & inventory spreadsheets on Excel and QuickBooks
* Quality control of all merchandise
* Working with Shipping Manager to allocate production in order to meet deadlines
* Manage relationships with existing local factories
* Oversee/monitor inventory levels for reorders
* Most communication w/ factories is on-site at the factories therefore you will need to be comfortable visiting / doing research in the garment district often on a daily basis. You must possess STRONG people/communication skills
* Must be extremely organized and able to multi-task. The environment is very fast-paced and multi-faceted
* MUST have 1-2 yrs FASHION production experience w/ either of the following: cut-and-sew hats, cut-and-sew garments or accessories. Previous experience with hand-knits, felt/straw hats, leather goods, fur, hair accessories, handbags & shoes is a major plus
* Working technical understanding and knowledge of cut-and-sew patterns
* Must have quality control experience
* Must be extremely proficient in Excel
Please submit resume for consideration.