Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? Then try TJX on for size. You’ll join a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support them by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that they bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Our retail chains include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and T.K. Maxx in Australia. In 2016, we had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Works with the Senior Designer to develop private label apparel design and artwork for specific product classifications. Executes according to the strategic merchandise plan. Develops strong customer service and working relationships with internal and external contacts. Consistently shops all levels of stores including our own for fashion/trends/color direction and value.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
* In conjunction with the Senior Designer designs activities surrounding selected Private Label programs. Continually researches Color & Trend information. Has knowledge of competitive products/brands. Travels domestically and overseas to retail shop, attend print and fabric shows. Interprets design concepts and develops them into new products. Develops concept boards, sketch library, designs artwork and selects color using trend and color services. Selects and purchases original artwork.
* Designs, develops and executes technically accurate artwork for Marmaxx’s private label programs, working with the Product Development team from the concept meeting through the prototype process and artwork execution. Updates the status of multiple projects, anticipating problems and devising solutions.
* Selects, manages and evaluates in-house freelance services for artwork development. Ensures strict deadlines are met. Provides direction and delegates projects to freelancers based on ability.
* Researches and recommends color and trend services
* Develops and designs original artwork for Private Label Apparel & Hangtag Labels
* Purchases artwork and development samples within R & D budget
* Recommends appropriate creative direction
* Preforms special projects, as assigned.
* Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent work experience required
* 3+ years in Product Development with emphasis on designing apparel
* PC skills including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop, IGrafix, U4ia, Prima Vision
* Detail oriented
* Effective communication skills
* Developed fashion sense for clothing design and construction Ability to communicate and interpret conceptual design ideas Strong organizational and follow through skills
* Works well in a team environment Ability to handle multiple projects Strong interpersonal skills
* Demonstrates expertise in their functional area Ability to sketch
* Knowledge of trend/color/concept services
What's In It For You?
TJX has campuses conveniently located off the Mass Pike and Route 495. With us, you'll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.