PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE - Fashion Accessories
Madison 88, Ltd. is a fast growing fashion accessories importer and product development company based in New York City. We are looking for an entry level candidate with internship backgrounds in Product Development. We have international production as well as offices in Asia. We ship worldwide to some of the most famous brands in the world - Outdoor and Sports brands such as Burton, Columbia, etc. And Specialty Chain stores such as Urban Outfitters, Free People, Anthropologie, Guess, etc.
- Work hand in hand with the buyers and the marketing team in the initial trend presentation. Be able to pull out samples from the showroom appropriate for the accounts and putting them on a line list.
- Monitor the product development process for several accounts by managing progress in terms of sample developments, pricing confirmation, color and testing approvals, etc. until the style gets adopted for production.
- Be able to analyze technical spec sheets and communicates with overseas factories for the execution of samples.
- Develop trim requirements for the accounts if needed.
- Responsibilities include maintaining strong relationships with clients and suppliers. Creating WIP’s of proto samples for the accounts.
- Will manage the product development calendars of accounts being assigned, making sure that they are being met on time.
- Be able to analyze pricing and handle pricing negotiations with the factories by applying knowledge of cost of materials, consumption and production processes. Prepares the costing paperwork for approval and costing breakdown for submission to the buyers.
- Handles lab testing requirements for the accounts being managed.
- Monitors the assigned account’s progress in terms of sample developments, pricing confirmation, color and testing approvals, etc. until the style gets adopted for production.
- Communicates with production team to ensure that the end product is properly executed.
- Be proficient in our PD computer system, making sure that all information is fully updated.
- Work closely with internal teams including tech design and production to ensure smooth product flow
- We are looking for somebody who has a background (internships or entry level positions) in Product Development
- He or she must be organized, professional, detail oriented and a good team player.
- Professional in oral and written communication skills.
- Must have above average aptitude in: Analytical, Organization, Detail Oriented, Problem Solving, Planning, Follow-Up, Project Management and Time Management.
- Must be open to domestic or international traveling and can manage a load of e-mail communications.
- Be able to work under pressure.
This is a good opportunity to work in the exciting world of fashion accessories. This is a full-time position and will be based in our New York City office. The company offers good benefits in addition to a base salary that is more than industry level. Legal working status in the USA is required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume with 3 professional references.