Product Development Assistant
- Partner with, and act as liaison between Design, Production, Sales and Marketing teams to maintain development calendar, and increase organization and visibility for the entire product life cycle.
- Working closely with Design and maintaining an accurate development log for Production handover, including all materials used, costing, design changes, etc.
- Logistically correspond overseas daily with factory and vendors in regards to development requests, pricing and counter sourcing.
- Ensure all materials and construction details from tech packs are 100% accurate before submitting to factory, and ensuring that they meet cost guidelines to maintain Sales goals.
- Manage the Timing & Action calendar to ensure on time delivery of all collections – perform daily administrative duties in Design and Development, flagging any urgent issues to the appropriate team.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve cross-functionally to ensure all deliveries are met per Sales/Merchandising strategies.
- Manage Design sample inventory both physically and digitally – ensuring all styles are accounted for in inventory software system, as well as in Design archive.
- Maintain organization of all seasonal collections based on tech pack libraries, vendors used, pricing, and finalized collections.
- Assist with sourcing of stones and other materials to meet Design vision, merchandising requirements and company goals.
- Maintain and update all vendor libraries, both digitally and physically.
- Coordinating Stage 1 of Wear Test process to ensure quality control of samples – working in conjunction with Design.
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics
- Must be detail oriented and organized with strong follow-through.
- Ability to demonstrate logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization and organization skills.
- Strong written verbal capabilities, extremely professional email etiquette.
- Ability to develop strong, professional relationships with team members, particularly with Design and Production.
- Strong work ethic to excel in a fast paced environment – ability to maintain organization while simultaneously being able to be flexible and fluid.
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Extremely organized and able to maintain tracking and informational systems.
- Microsoft Office skills a must.
- AIMs experience desirable.
- Prior experience in fashion/product development environment preferred.
- Photoshop/Illustrator skills a plus.