PRODUCT DEVELOPER / All Categories
A NY based private label company is looking for a Product Developer who will be responsible for creating products across all categories that effectively represent the brand while adhering to set budget, timeline, and style requirements. In this role, you will work with design hand off through to production, create development sheets, and partner with external vendors.
- Collaborate with design team to execute styles from initial concept to production.
- Create development sheets with the material, color, and construction information for all designs
- Strategically leverage vendor expertise to ensure best cost and execution of styles.
- Communicate effectively with factories as their primary contact on the development and confirmation of all styles. Follow-up with external vendors and factories regarding changes and/or details.
- Work with design and product teams to achieve desired costing and hit stated price point and margin goals while achieving design goals. Collaborate with design and production teams to source and develop new fabrics and garment trims .
- Track all fit samples associated with the product to ensure their movement through the product development process in coordination with the development calendar.
- Improve the development process for future seasons by tracking reporting requirements such as plan analysis, calendar actualization, and developed/adopted reports
- Execute and manage seasonal time and action calendar for assigned categories and work closely with cross functional team to achieve direct targets.
- 3-5 years of experience in a broad range of sportswear and technical knit and woven garments preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising, design, or related field
- Sharp eye for design, detail, and style
- Understanding of apparel product process from initial tech pack to top of production approval for knits & wovens
- Process-oriented with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of garment manufacturing processes
- Excellent attention to detail with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Follow us for employment opportunities, industry/company news and events.