SMCP North America, business unit of SMCP Group, lead the development of Parisian brands Sandro and Maje in North America. It directly operates 129 points of sales in the US and Canada, and gathers about 450 staff.
With three distinct contemporary Parisian fashion brands, SMCP is a global leading company in the accessible luxury sector. The Group operates 1,176 points of sales and its brands are present in 35 countries worldwide as of June 2016. Evelyne Chetrite and Judith Milgrom founded Sandro and Maje in Paris, in 1984 and 1998 respectively and continue to provide creative direction for the brands. Claudie Pierlot was also founded in 1984 by Madame Claudie Pierlot, and acquired by the Group in 2009.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Support PR Manager on national requests and pulls, working closely with PR Agency, warehouse & store team to ensure minimal disruption to retail
• Update weekly report in order to manage sample trafficking of send outs and returns
• Update and coordinate monthly reporting alongside PR Agency ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
• Work alongside product team to provide constant updates to PR team on a weekly basis on all necessary product information pertaining to sales trends, product that needs to be pushed, items that cannot be loaned/gifted etc.
• Work with PR Agency & editorial assistants on coordinating pickups and send outs
• Create/process proforma/worldnet invoices for tracking returns to worldwide offices
• Prepare documents for PR Manager to track, secure and communicate the PR Team’s activity and results (e.g., video clips, TV coverage, special event photography, coverage and results, advertising, etc.) for companywide communication needs, web-site initiatives, and sales meetings etc, compile for Head of Marketing & Communications
• Assist PR Manager on execution of all major events including organizing and managing guest list, making reservations, ordering cars/transport for press & celebrities, assisting photographers to follow shot-list, stuffing & handing out gift bags, managing the door & security needs and all other event logistics
• Work with PR Agency to manage print and digital clipping library for credits, scanning and saving into monthly report
• Assist in managing all PR invoicing & budgets
• Compile & organize VIP lists & Studio Services
• Coordinate celebrity/PR sample gifting with PR Agency
• Manage, order, pack & ship all GWPs for programs
• Coordinate Press Mailings
• Assist PR HQ team with Press Trip travel, reservations etc.
• Work with Paris HQ for Executive travel arrangements when in US
• Administrative duties within department
Ideal education, previous work experience, special skills (e.g., foreign languages), and personal characteristics.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-3 years of experience in PR & Communications at Fashion PR Agency, Luxury and/or Fashion Brand
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of DMR and essential reporting tools
• Foreign Languages, a plus
• Highly motivated, self-starting individual & strategic thinker
• Must be hands on and enjoy working in a highly creative and entrepreneurial environment
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
• Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible
• Must have strong multi-tasking skills and be able to work well under pressure
• Demonstrate strong project management, team leadership and the ability to deliver results