Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
The Planner will manage and plan merchandise inventory positions at the store level to drive departmental sales, inventory, profit and turnover objectives. The Planner is responsible for providing in-season financial projections and strategies and identifying risks and opportunities to maximize profits. He/She will drive and/or contribute to projects resulting in improved departmental systems and efficiencies.
• Own sales and stock by door and make recommendations at department/class level to maximize sales
• Partner with store management to identify growth opportunities
• Develop, consolidate and communicate a comprehensive pre-season planning strategy that identifies opportunities and risks at the store level
• Ensure best practices for assortment planning and make recommendations to support allocation strategies
• Provide analysis and research to support the creation of the assortment matrix and buy plans
• Evaluate purchase order placement activity as well we the maintenance of and revisions made to purchase orders
• Review case pack and order flow recommendations