The Kasper Group, a fashion retailer, has an excellent
opportunity for a Patternmaker for the Anne Klein Division. The
Patternmaker will work with the Design and Production teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Produce “first” proto pattern interpreting designs and draping
fabric/muslin on a form to duplicate the designer sketch-must
give consideration to stand fit, components, trims and
• Review design lines of garment with Designers and Directors
• Prepare a cutter’s must (reference tool that contains a list
of garment pieces/components, trims and garment construction
information to make the garment) for cutter and sample makers.
• Guide cutters and sample makers in proper cut info, and
construction of garment
• Prioritize workload based on Design and calendar dates
• Work regularly with Designers, sample cutters and sample makers
• Prepare and correct pattern to Design/fitting comments and
release to Tech Design for overseas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Computer Patternmaking course(s)
• Minimum 3 years work experience handling various types of
garments and fabrics. Experience/knowledge utilizing Gerber
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.