PART-TIME DESIGN SUPPORT
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
Responsible for assisting designers in all aspects of their jobs, including technical illustrations, seasonal design boards and clerical duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist designers in creating presentation boards for initial design concepts and seasonal line information.
- Update and maintain accurate proto sheets for internal and vendor use.
- Accurately maintain seasonal color cards and conference room design boards to insure consistency through product lines.
- Assist in sample evaluation for construction, fit and color.
- Maintain seasonal files of products carried.
- Communicate with color resources with lap dips, yarn dyes, etc.
- Work with design, merchandising and product development groups on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and interact with all personnel at Lands' End.
- Capable of planning and setting up priorities with minimal supervision and follow through projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to meet deadlines while responding to additional requests and incoming work.
- Basic knowledge of textiles and their application, including construction.
- Ability to keep and update accurate and detailed charts for designs, color, trims and fabric.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Reader, Photoshop, Illustrator and IPLM a plus.