Join a privately held fast growing organization where you can be a part of a nimble team. Work with a fun, friendly, dynamic team that’s as passionate about their company as they are about their products.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Package Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging while also supporting the cross-functional project tasks. This position is the lead packaging resource for the company supporting the national brands; and select retail brands. This position will also support limited “Big Bet” technical initiatives led by senior project leads.
- Assessing packaging and looking for areas of improvement including consumer experience, improved shelf presence and cost reductions.
- Designing/sourcing and testing packaging for new products, meeting consumer experience needs and cost and timing goals and maintaining awareness of technical trends and developments in packaging.
- Developing packaging like environmental / biodegradable packaging, and gift sets.
- Presenting on trend beauty package recommendations and packaging technology to NPD, Marketing, and business leaders.
- Studying the effects of packaging materials on products and ensuring compatibility and presentation.
- Negotiating appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues and building strong relationships with suppliers.
- Providing support to business groups to resolve packaging issues.
- Developing, coordinating and executing package experiments, providing results and recommendations.
- Interpreting, developing, and issuing technical specifications.
- Gaining familiarity with fiscal and strategic plans of team; will include creating and managing package development timing within broader NPD timeline, as well as identifying and providing recommendations of implications to budget and overall timing.
- 2-5 years of proven success in package engineering for leading beauty and CPG companies. Some experience in a fashion-oriented industry and plus.
- Bachelors in Packaging, Engineering or related field required.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple brands and multiple projects at the same time.
- Great aesthetic expression.
- Solid understanding of packaging materials and equipment, manufacturing and financial fundamentals and a strong ability to execute against these fundamentals. Practical experience with consumer and customer insights.
- Solid understanding and experience working with China based suppliers.
- Knowledge of test methodology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and develop cross-functional partnerships.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Developing troubleshooting skills with ability to think on their feet.
- Financial understanding to optimize profitability.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time including travel overseas (1-2 times per year).
Please include Job Code PE-SC0117 in the subject line of all emails.
Midwest Personnel Resource, LLC is a national executive search firm that focuses on apparel, action sports, accessories and home goods professionals.
Bottom line, we are in the people business. We partner with clients to expand their choices relative to superior talent. We network with candidates’ every day to qualify the best in the business. We establish relationships and coach candidates during the employment process. A client can be assured that we know the candidates we are representing. We will give candidates a realistic job preview, match their skill sets to client needs, determine salary expectations and manage the interview process to secure the right fit.
We work with clients nationwide. If you are an industry professional, we welcome an inquiry.