MERCHANT, ECommerce - Women's Apparel
SVP, Merchandising- ECommerce
New York & Company- ECommerce
Responsible for the overall direction and performance of a category(s). To develop a line that represents the E-Commerce business and is aligned with the overall New York and Company merchandise strategy. To deliver or exceed budgeted volumes and profit goals by incorporating competitive intelligence, customer intimacy, fashion sense and business analysis.
- Partner with SVP, Merchandising E-commerce to develop a seasonal plan that utilizes historical performance and current business data; drive business through strategy implementation.
- Develop line plan consistent with overall strategy working with Chain Merchants to understand pricing and buy strategies.
- Attend Merchant meetings and critical product reviews. Work with Merchants and Product Development to develop product extensions and exclusives for the E-Commerce business.
- Manage in-season business by analyzing sales information in order to identify opportunities to increase sales and improve margins.
- Analyze key site metrics to identify white space and opportunities to be capitalized on to deliver and exceed budgeted volumes and profit goals.
- Responsible for overall E-Commerce shopping experience including integrity of copy, title, and price, to drive key areas of the business and product by season.
- Liaise with Planning to develop financial plans for the E-Commerce space.
- Work with Marketing and Creative Services to individualize and drive E-Commerce promotions and marketing ventures.
- Keep on top of competitors and market trends in retail and E-Commerce.
- Supports and participates in the on-boarding process of new associates.
- Nurtures talent from within and provides appropriate coaching, feedback and support to foster improved performance and individual growth.
- Continuously seeks new ways of understanding the business and develops self and direct report in order to better prepare for the next level.
- Foster a team environment in which information flows freely and decision making is based on a win-win philosophy; work towards desired outcomes by leveraging resources to achieve common organizational goals.
- Focuses on developing customer intimacy skills through regular store visits and competitive shopping; applies findings to buy plan and execution strategies.
- Stay abreast on current fashion trends; conduct patterning in order to understand the competition; share customer and market perspective with internal customers on a regular basis to increase sales and profit results.
- Excel at interpersonal communication with all levels of the organization.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with peers and cross functional partners.
Associate and/or Assistant Buyer
- 5+ years of related work experience in Women's Apparel Merchandising, E-Commerce experience a plus .
- Acute sense of brand and customer intimacy.
- High taste level with proven talent to envision and interpret fashion trends.
- Strong negotiation skills. Knowledge and experience in developing vendor partnerships.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with intellectual agility.
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Achievement oriented with management experience .
- Proven ability to identify, develop and retain top talent.
- Proficient in conflict management and problem-solving.
- Multi-functional with excellent organizational skills .
- System and computer literate; including Microsoft Office.