Merchandising Assistant - Women’s Fashion
Adecco Creative & Marketing is assisting a women’s fashion client in their search for a Merchandising Assistant! This role is 40 hours/week freelance for 6 months, with the potential to be extended. The position is located in Mahwah, NJ.
The Merchandising Assistant is responsible for the day to day administration within the department under the supervision and direction of Merchant/Associate Merchant. This includes but is not limited to: order entry, on-time delivery tracking, sample management, and item maintenance. The Assistant has a basic understanding of the financials and creates many of the analysis used in the department.
The Merchandising Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all administrative functions in merchandising office including order tracking, maintaining time and action calendars to ensure delivery of goods and maintaining an organized sample room
- Understands department strategy and prioritizes work in support of achieving sales and margin plans
- Inputs orders (either directly or with Merchandise Operations), tracks delivery flow, receipts, markdown, coordinates item maintenance, and sample management
- Consistently communicates with vendors at every stage of the order and ensures orders are processed in a timely manner
- Accurately maintains on-orders and floats (OTB report)
- Has working knowledge of reports and available data and systems. Uses financial reports to make recommendations
- Maintains an organized sample room, including managing samples for fittings, advertising shoots, ecommerce, pre/post production
- Follows up on marketing requests; works with visual merchandising on floor set information.
- Quality Control’s all merchandise, documents all comments, accurately maintains records and processes RTVs as necessary
- Coordinates with Cross Functional Team as needed
- Prepares, sends and follows-up on all vendor allowance agreements at end of each season.
- Partners and builds relationships with CFT throughout PLC each season to ensure results.
- Supports and participates to create a balanced assortment plan that integrates fashion, style and pricing pyramids, and tiered strategies
The ideal candidate for the Merchandising Assistant position has:
- BA or equivalent preferred; 1+ years of retail merchandising experience (internships included) or equivalent; prior merchandising experience preferred. Strong systems and computer skills. -Excellent excel skills required
- Strong communication and analytical skills. Understanding of retail math concepts and ability to apply them to resolve problems
- Self-motivated and takes initiative; ability analyze information and make recommendations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong fashion sense
If this sounds like you, Apply Now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled