MERCHANDISER - Men's Leather Accessories, Gifts, Cold Weather - Hats, Gloves, Scarves
The Product Merchandiser is responsible for the developing, planning, executing, and merchandising a specific product category(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, directs & merchandises product categories assigned & product line building activities for designated products
- Works closely with the Design team on finalizing specs, samples, costing once styles have been adopted for production
- Communicates brand and / or market needs to Designer for specific product categories assigned by the President
- Issue product requirements including initial margin goals to team merchandisers and Sourcing Manager
- Responsible for achieving initial gross margins goals for product lines assigned
- Communicates & interacts with suppliers and factories to develop samples and maintain product categories. Prepares tech packs for factories
- Participates and presents concepts and products to customers including Licensors during major presentations.
- Work with Sales team and Marketing teams to ensure timely delivery of samples, catalogs, and communications for the season, trade shows, e-commerce site
- Understanding of all targeted consumer groups and retail distribution
- Own and manage the calendar workflow to insure timely completion of all seasonal development milestones and crucial presentations.
- Coordinate Final Adoption meetings and issue final adopt list
- Responsible for controlling sample budget for their area of responsibility
- Analyze past figures/trends to anticipate future product needs for core assortments and one off product opprtunites.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising or equivalent degree/experience
- Experience with value priced, mass market distribution. Experience within multiple tier price-points from Mass distribution to Better & specialty
- 3-5 years' experience in merchandising of consumer products preferably relating to men's accessories for the better market
- Experience in Cold-weather headwear, Men's cold-weather related products -- scarves, gloves, & hats, cut & sew, knit(s) construction required
- Experience in Men's small leather goods -- wallets, etc.
- Technical knowledge as it relates to raw materials and finished goods manufacturing, product costing
- Supervisory experience and/or leadership skills
- Interpersonal, analytical and creative writing/communicating and organizational skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office Products, Adobe Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus
- Knowledge of Product Development Cycle Management such as PLM or similar program
- Ability to organize work activities with attention to detail and good follow-through skills
- Available to travel domestically and internationally