MERCHANDISE PLANNER - Sportswear
HUGO BOSS is globally renowned as a successful fashion and lifestyle brand. On the one hand, we have our passion for extraordinary design and high expectations regarding fabrics, processing and fitting to thank. On the other hand, we like to encourage our team of almost 13,800 employees to think outside the box. After all, different perspectives enhance creativity and performance and result in products that are sold in 126 countries at over 7,600 sales points around the globe.
The Merchandise Planner is responsible for developing by store and merchandise plans for USA | CAN | MEX in order to meet key business objectives and financial goals, ensuring profitability and aligning consumer purchasing trends with product offers in the directly operated channels. This position collaborates with merchant teams and works with various key functions to drive performance through analytics while being proactive in response to current business trends. Supports company objectives in the areas of retail planning and allocation, as well as identify and apply solutions to problems that will reduce liability and maximize business opportunities.
- Prepares and distributes weekly merchandising reports to retail planning, buying and allocation team members.
- Develop & forecast monthly and seasonal departmental | brand | gender | line | main product group level financial objectives for all product categories that meet financial goals and objectives.
- Supports OTB management process monthly with updates to net sales and inventory that maximizes productivity with pre-season analysis, buy plans, and basic replenishment. Forecast future trends based on history that corresponds with identified business strategies that ensures merchandise remains competitive.
- Responsible for Retail Merchandise, Assortment Planning and Allocation tools executed by Dept.
- Proactively identify dept. specific retail opportunities, proposing solutions by recommending & ensuring the accurate execution of markdowns for sale period in partnership with allocation and merchandise buying.
- Regular (weekly) review of key performance indicators with net sales, margin, turnover, sell-thru and weeks of supply of merchandise for productive return on investment; and therefore reacting to changes in demand.
- Provides analysis and information to Allocators which assist in the accurate distribution of merchandise with initial allocation, fashion and NOS (never out of stock) basic replenishment.
- Supports the development, implementation & execution of new business processes, planning tools and merchandise systems technology.
- Responsible for managing NOS replenishment and seasonal forecasts in the RMP tool for Open-To-Buy.
- Partner with various resources to ensure product selection meets supply | demand (i.e. Buying, Finance Wholesale, Regional & Store Managers, IT and AG Global Partners).
- Performs ad hoc business analysis based on historical performance & merchandise product attributes
- Utilizes SAP Retail | AO | BIS Reporting for net sales and other inventory based business requirements.
- Utilizes RMP-RAP (Retail Merchandise & Assortment Planning) System.
- Degree in Business | Merchandising or 3+ years of related experience
- Demonstrate solid understanding of merchandise financials & profitability
- Excellent organizational and project management efficiency
- Adapts to shifting circumstances in business environment
- Strong excel knowledge and experience
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Strong systems knowledge
- Independent thinking
HUGO BOSS offers its employees exceptional working conditions in an international environment. If you are interested in the fashion sector and challenges inspire your ambition, we would like to get to know you.