Department: Business Planning
Reports To: Partnership Planning Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Band: Professional
This is a cross functional role that works closely with Sales to drive merchandising strategies and tactics that deliver upon financial objectives with an ROI for selected Accounts
- Partner with Sales Rep(s) to drive and execute key business decisions impacting the assigned Accounts
- Provide leadership within team to manage effectively an open relationship with all cross functional partners (Sales, Business Support, Marketing, Central Planning and Category Management).
- Communicate with Planning Manager and appropriate levels of the organization to recognize and raise issues or opportunities in a timely manner.
- This role is very analytical and involves in depth preparation of plans and the continuous monitoring of performance.
This position requires a high level of competency in Business Intelligence, SAP and Planning Software
- Partner with Sales Rep, and internal business partners (Category Management, Marketing, Central Planning, etc.) to gather all necessary inputs to create initial merchandise and assortment plans and strategies that support the overall financial objectives for both the account and Carhartt.
- Build financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans at a monthly level on a seasonal basis.
- Through analysis provide recommendations for the account, based on trending, point of sale information including sales, inventory, sell through, turn, and margin goals. Utilize aggregate internal data such as regional or channel information to explore potential opportunities for accounts elsewhere.
- Project lead for monitoring, generation and implementation of account store models, replenishment, assortment plans and performance trends to maximize Carhartt sales where POS data is available
- Strategize, develop and present seasonal key style plans that support sales and merchandise goals.
- Manage and plan merchandise inventory positions and markdown strategies to drive departmental sales, inventory, turn and profit objectives. Create size profiles for assigned accounts seasonally.
- Complete hindsight analysis to highlight opportunities for future plans and strategies, including unanticipated causal factors and activities taken to enhance favorable results as well as those taken to minimize unfavorable results.
- Develop processes that build efficiencies and streamline work flow.
- Communicate plan constraints in conjunction with Special Services and Order Management as timely as possible with Sales Rep and Account.
- Report information on Plan Conversion, with a continuous focus on forecasting accuracy.
- Facilitate monthly business review meetings with assigned account or region to evaluate KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Sales, Marketing, Special Services, Central Planning, Order Management and Product Category Managers.
- Utilize Business Objects, SAP and Planning Solution in daily activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills & Attributes:
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Strong aptitude with retail math and forecasting methodology.
- High level of analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects, and meet customer deliverables within required time frames
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships cross-functionally.
- Exude confidence and aptitude to clearly present and explain ideas to executives.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Confident, hard-working employee who is committed to achieving excellence.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to new or special projects
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred in Related Field
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a buying, planning, or forecasting field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels including management and retail partners
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite and Planning tools); Advanced Excel skills required.
- SAP Experience Preferred
- Retail or Wholesale Planning Solution experience preferred
- Office Environment
- Moderate Lifting (30-40 lbs.)
- Tobacco Free
- Travel (25%)