MERCHANDISE PLANNER, Accessories
Sr. Manager, Merchandise Planning, Non-Apparel
New York & Company
Our Company is a passionate mix of fashion and vision. The high-speed pace is thrilling; the challenges come quickly; the opportunities are limitless. We hire world-class talent and embrace creative ideas and diverse abilities. We welcome the varied thinking that myriad backgrounds bring. We are currently searching for a Merchandise Planner for Accessories. The Merchandise Planner is responsible for the strategic direction of inventory based on analysis of store financials, historical data, and current market trends.
- Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
- Create preseason sales, margin and inventory plans by department class that supports product and financial strategies.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class.
- Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate strategies that align future financial and product opportunities in the area.
- Forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly basis.
- Present forecasts and action plans in monthly Merchandise Planning Committee meetings.
- Recap end-of-season best-sellers by category.
- Develop and communicate item-level promotional and markdown strategies on a weekly basis.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results against plan and LY.
- Work with Merchants and Sourcing to effectively manage flow of inventory into the warehouse.
- 3-5 years of Merchandise Planning or related financial/analytical experience
- Business analysis and strategic/innovative thinking skills
- Negotiate & influence peers & members of cross-functional team
- Strong understanding of retail financial measurements
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Arthur Planning experience a plus