MERCHANDISE MANAGER, Outlet
VP, Outlet Merchandising
Responsible for the overall direction and performance of a group of merchandising categories. The MM develops a line plan that represents the Brand and is aligned with the Business’ Seasonal Merchandise Strategy. The MM is responsible for delivering or exceeding budgeted volume and profit goals by incorporating competitive intelligence, customer intimacy, fashion expertise and business knowledge.
- Oversee the Outlet Merchandising team and communicate strategic vision to drive a cohesive product assortment that mirrors the Company Brand and consistently appeals to the customer’s taste
- Hire, direct, evaluate and develop Merchants and Associate Merchants, leading departmental efforts to align with overall Merchandising brand strategy
- Analyze competitive landscape to benchmark opportunities for line plans
- Partner with Merchandise Planning to leverage historical performance and current business data when developing broad assortment that balances best sellers, key items and novelty
- Drive product development by providing design direction to in-house and external Design partners. Collaborate with Sourcing on vendor resources, calendar and costing strategies. Act as a customer representative to Technical Design regarding quality, fit and construction issues.
- Bring customer and market perspective to the design and product development process.
- Partner with Marketing, Visual Merchandising and Stores to provide product knowledge and strategies needed to drive strong traffic and sales
- Manage in-season business by analyzing sales information to identify opportunities to increase sales, improve margins, maximize inventories and decrease markdowns
- Attend P&L meetings to hindsight performance to date and apply information on sales trends and future business objectives to current merchandising strategies
Merchants / Associate Merchants
- Minimum of 10+ years of related work experience in Merchandising/Buying
- Outlet Merchandising/Buying experience preferred
- Experience working with in-house design team and vendors
- Acute sense of brand and customer intimacy
- High taste level with proven talent to create a cohesive fashion viewpoint
- Visionary thinking and strategic management skills
- Exceptional ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to attract, develop and inspire a team
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Multifunctional with excellent organizational skills