Adecco Creative & Marketing is assisting a local retailer in their search for a talented Media Planner. This is a great opportunity to work onsite in Framingham, MA for 6-9 months.
Please Apply today!
The Media Planner is responsible for planning grand openings and various planning/special initiatives across a wide array of media, including; video and audio broadcast, outdoor and non-traditional media, newspaper and magazine print, various digital components, and social media. This includes partnering with many internal cross-functional teams and external partners to develop and coordinate plan strategy, buying, negotiations, and execution (media agencies, database marketing, public relations, production, traffic, creative). The planner also maintains media invoicing and reconciliations, resolving media discrepancies and negotiates make-goods as appropriate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research, analyzes, negotiates and develops multi media recommendations that deliver each brand’s grand opening objectives (traditional and digital broadcast, outdoor, newspaper/print media, digital and social media).
- Partners with internal teams, agencies, and vendors
- Develop high level GO strategy in collaboration with agencies, and internal partners/manager.
- Collaborate with Manager in strategic development and/or execution of larger scale initiatives
- Special campaigns (ie.. Hispanic strategy, regional or focus store initiatives)
- Maintenance / stewardship of planning elements (ie.. review broadcast buys, post buy analysis)
- Inform annual budgeting/planning related to grand opening strategy
- Maintains media invoicing, resolving discrepancies and negotiates make-goods as appropriate.
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- 3-5 years in a marketing organization with a media focus.
- Minimum job content knowledge required to perform this job (e.g., knowledge of new store layout techniques, programming languages, recruiting techniques).
- Cross functional integrated media planning skills with both internal teams as well as with external agencies.
- Familiar with the media buying process
- Able to build integrated media plans across multiple channels, including; traditional and digital broadcast, digital media (display, mobile, digital video), social media, outdoor media, newspaper media (ROP and FSI)
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms.
- Experience within platform execution (Facebook, Twitter) a plus.
- Ability to partner with internal teams (Brand Marketing, PR, CRM) and external agencies to coordinate an integrated plan strategy and execute the process across the teams to ensure accuracy
- Attention to detail / multi-tasker and follow through skills
- Proficient with IMS (Nielsen Reach/Freq software), and mapping software a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills, with heavy focus on using Excel