Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? Then try TJX on for size. You’ll join a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support them by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that they bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Our retail chains include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and T.K. Maxx in Australia. In 2016, we had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Are you passionate about retail, driven to grow our business, and want to make a difference in the lives of our consumers? Then TJX could be the career opportunity for you.
Want to make an impact?
The Project Management Supervisor leads a team of Project Specialists as they manage all marketing and advertising for their assigned brands in the mediums of print, digital, social and outdoor components. The Supervisor is responsible for multiple brands’ marketing projects, as well as the training and development of associates in a fast-paced, retail environment. Planning, enforcing process, strategic thinking and the constant shuffling of priorities are integral elements of this position. The Supervisor will assist and consult with the Manager in recommendations for staff, workflow pipeline, ongoing resource needs and hiring, as well as oversee all work for their designated brands. He/she will ensure that steps in the process are met for approximately 1000-2000 marketing projects annually per brand which all vary in levels of complexity.
Ways you will make a difference:
Partner with team members to improve relationships and be the driver of open communication. Through relationships the Supervisor will build trust, mitigate risk, and create efficiencies that will have an impact with TJX Marketing.
Collaborate with the brand channels (Creative, Brand, Art Buying, Production, Studio, Media, Public Relations, Interactive, CRM) to build relationships and drive a project forward. The Supervisor must be able to find solutions to conflict in a team environment while maintaining a positive and motivating atmosphere.
Digital Experience is key as we continue to grow in this area. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in digital and with workflow and helping to establish process/procedures.
Provide continuous supervision, train and evaluate work performance of associates to ensure professional and technical development with a delicate balance of being “in the know” without micromanaging. Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports and share feedback to stay connected outside of the mid/annual performance reviews cycle.
Manage and set expectations to keep the Project Specialists on-track to meet multiple pressing, and often simultaneous, deadlines while balancing resources. In addition to the leadership aspect of this position, the Supervisor will also manage their own workload.
The Skills Required to Make You Successful
* A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing people in a Project Management environment.
* Agency or corporate advertising/marketing background with high profile, complex client experience.
* Must be able to manage complex E-commerce projects in the areas of email and digital work. These projects involve high-level communications and providing recommendations to senior leaders in departments outside of Marketing.
* Experience with the creative process, print production, digital and media process and timetables.
* Technical and creative understanding of integrated ad campaigns which includes primarily digital with some signage, direct mail, social, emails, and video production as well.
* Multi-task in an ever-changing environment; work with ambiguity to strategize and prioritize. Ability to solve creative or project problems independently while working under tight deadlines and handling multiple, detailed tasks.
* Completed Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
Ready to be part of our team?
* Supervise and mentor the day-to-day activities and assignments for direct reports who are each responsible for multiple projects. The work style and habits of the Supervisor will set the tone for their direct reports; therefore, it is critical that all practices, processes, and relationship building are properly taught, modeled and demonstrated.
* Coordinate team assignments with Creative Managers. Restructure workloads and priorities based on the needs, resources and capabilities.
* Maintain an open dialogue and flow of information with the Manager and AVP to keep management informed of client activity, potential barriers, and opportunities.
* Continuously assess workflow and processes to recommend improvements & efficiencies.
* Advise Manager on staffing levels based on department workload; assist in the hiring process of new staff.
* Train new Specialists or new Marketing associates on process, workflow, and systems, when necessary.
* Cover or re-assign workload to mitigate overtime of non-exempt direct reports, as needed.
You will be based in our Framingham, MA headquarters and will have the opportunity to execute strategies with some of the most talented retail minds in the industry. TJX is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide, is ranked 89 among Fortune 500 companies and operates 4 other major divisions: The Marmaxx Group, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX International (comprised of Europe and Australia).
What's In It For You?
TJX has campuses conveniently located off the Mass Pike and Route 495. With us, you'll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.