Manager - Retail Support
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
Manage and coordinate all Retail Support Center staff projects and daily activities.
Investigate and resolve complex second level P.O.S., store equipment, laptop/mobile, hardware and software issues. Partner with Applications & Retail Operations teams to resolve any/all issues related to Retail store operations and systems. Make recommendations to Director & Applications area that will improve efficiency for Store Systems & Retail Support area.
Major Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions*
- Manage Retail Support Staff
- Perform Quarterly and Annual Reviews
- Perform Staff Scheduling
- Create team and individual Goals
- Ensure all staff members understand and meet company policies
- Manage Vendors
- Ensure vendors meet our companies standards and policies
- Obtain and review quotes for work
- Work with the legal teams to review all contracts
- Setup up periodic vendor reviews
- Maintain and Cultivate Business Partner Relationships
- Setup and run weekly meetings with stores operations
- Consistently communicate all outages and major impact issues to Store Operations
- Work closely with Retail Development and Corporate Support Managers to ensure all issues and projects are communicated and coordinated
- Manage Store Support
- Establish and maintain store support operating procedures, SLA’s and escalations
- Establish and manage Retail Support staff standards
- Establish and maintain Retail Support schedules
- Review and communicate incident patterns and major issues
- Look for ways to improve services and systems
- Ensure staff members continue to perform their responsibilities at or above required standards.
- Ensure proper ongoing training of staff members
- Manage Store Openings and Closings
- Maintain stores opening and closing schedules
- Maintain and manage all IT activities that pertain to Store Openings and Closings
- Communicate issues to business and IT Management
- Project Management
- Manage or delegate all Retail Store related projects
- Ensure project plans are updated and maintained
- Communicate project status to all concerned parties
- Maintain IT Assets
- Manage and maintain store related assets
- Maintain store asset depot
- Establish and maintain asset management SOP’s
- Budget Management
- Setup and maintain project and group budgets
- Review and communicate budget status
- Financial Accountability
- Responsibility and authority to commit resources ($100,000)
- Commit and approve expenditures for IT related equipment and consulting as well as travel related expenses.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- Knowledge of POS Systems
- Staff Management Experience
- Knowledge of Store Opening tasks
- Project Management Skills
- Problem Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Vendor Management Skills
- Budget Management
- Oracle (Micros) xStore 5 and xStore 7 experience preferred
- The person must be capable to make decisions and work semi-autonomous
- Multiple time zones are supported
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5-10 years related experience managing POS Retail Systems and teams.
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran