MANAGER OF FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS (FP&A)
Analyzes the financial performance of the business, establishes monthly financial forecast, budgetary goals, aids in business decision support and strategy, partners cross-functionally to deliver value, provides recommendations on profit, expense, and cost saving opportunities. Partner with Senior Director of Finance to build FP&A tools, processes, best practices. This position reports to Senior Director of Finance.
- Oversees updates to the financial forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop calendar of activities and help train existing team members in FP&A best practices.
- Prepares annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments; ensures input has been documented and properly included.
- Ensures all budgeted expenses are adequately documented and supported, properly calendarized and in line with the company’s overall strategic plans.
- Works with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met; oversees budget revisions and ensures communication to department heads.
- Identifies and calls out weekly issues affecting the Company’s operations, profitability, and inventory position.
- Supervises the creation of monthly store sales plans.
- Establishes models that provide information on the Company's current operating trend.
- Provides financial analysis for relevant issues that could impact the business.
- Manages the department reporting to support business needs.
- Manages department deliverables, provides leadership, guidance, and supports to staff members through effective goal setting (YOs), performance management, and professional development.
- Creates a service oriented environment to meet the needs of internal/external customers.
- Recommends improvements and develops strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Experience with the Retail Industry
- Experience with Supply-Chain and/or Operations
- 5 to 6 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience building out Financial Performance Management Systems
Competencies & Skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel and database skills.
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency in data research and interpretation.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers Torrid’s culture and values.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.