MANAGER, MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT - Leaher & Componentry (Frye)
• Manage Raw Material development and source and develop trend
right trend right leathers, materials and trims across
• Learn and adhere to the product development timeline to
provide on time delivery of componentry.
• Communicate daily with cross-functional teams and suppliers
for sampling needs.
• Place official purchase orders for leather and componentry for
proto sampling and make subsequent changes on existing orders
• Develop color in leather and suede and review against
• Work with overseas counterparts and suppliers to track orders
placed and manage inventory levels globally.
• Anticipate delays and highlight those to the Development
Manager and the Cross Functional teams to determine
appropriate contingency plans.
• Initiate material trial requests and manage raw material
• Update and maintain varied charts including pricing charts,
purchase order charts, sample swatch charts, etc.
• Attend Tannery meetings and organize notes for follow up.
• Pre-production preparation by gathering material detail sheets
& managing raw material testing.
• Standardize quality and color requirements and issue to design
teams and suppliers.
Skills and Requirements
• 5+ years experience working with leather goods/ accessories
product with a keen ability to discern finest quality.
• Ability to work well under the pressure of multiple tasks and
• High degree of organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Clear understanding of design aesthetic and supplier
• Proficiency in Excel and PLM.
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sorry, applications are not being accepted through
StyleCareers.com. Apply directly at our website using the link
below. Please be sure to select www.StyleCareers.com as the