Manager, Design & Product Development Knitwear – Outlet
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Initiate new/seasonal development on all styles to meet division objectives.
- Develop product that meets the division’s goals and objectives and margin/cost parameters established in the line development plan.
- Research global, domestic and competitive markets to identify new trends, fabrications and techniques to translate into creative product that is viable for the Talbot’s Outlet customer.
- Focus on seasonal development of strong Key Item programs and Fashion Essentials that meet overall division’s objectives on an aesthetic and business level for the customer.
- Develop prints that meet the customer’s aesthetic needs and have the ability to create head –to-toe looks with team counterparts in Design/PD and Merchandising.
- Manage the activities to meet all calendar deadlines.
- Maintain seasonal development boards via Photoshop and Illustrator. Maintain archives of past styles for historical purposes.
- Coordinate seasonal color palette execution.
- Attend weekly fit sessions to recommend garment construction in order to value engineer garments to meet IMU goals.
- Develop pre-production package and provide input on fabric/trim details, initial costs, wash standards, etc. to Sourcing and Technical design.
- Input all necessary supportive information into required systems such as WEB PDM. Partner with Sourcing, Merchandising and IT to ensure all needs are being met.
- Coordinate with Sourcing to sample according global sourcing strategy. Work with factories/vendors on implementing new ideas in production setting.
- Approve lab dips, trims and strike-offs to ensure standards are met and T&A’s maintained.
- Communicate approvals with overseas agents and vendors to meet Time & Action deadlines.
- People Management: develop, mentor, coach direct reports on performance expectations and provide a challenging work environment that fosters a positive team environment.
- College degree required and 8+ years product development experience, preferably in production and/or merchandising
- 2 years managerial experience
- Expert fabric, knit and garment construction knowledge
- Thorough understanding of product development and merchandising process
- Strong business management skills to include product costing and knowledge of financial as it applies to business strategies
- Excellent organizational, time management, and negotiation skills