Luxury Visual Merchandising Manager
TITLE: Visual Merchandising Manager
MANAGER: V.P. of Retail
Build and sustain a relationship with UK counterparts to ensure a global vision is executed within all merchandising initiatives. Manage the coordination and execution of all visual installations and projects within the field to drive sales and increase brand awareness. Ensure all visual merchandising in line with UK directives, approved budget, guidelines and timelines.
- Oversees the VM for all US Retail locations.
- Partner with the UK team on execution of Monthly Floor Sets for US stores. Execute floor-set in NYC flagship store and produce guideline for US retail locations.
- Provide timely direction to the field for execution of Visual Merchandising through guidelines and updates.
- Maintain consistent communication with store managers, retail team and personnel through conference calls and Photo Essay feedback.
- Creatively execute visual strategies, allowing for and adjusting for each store's specific needs while staying within directive guidelines.
- Partner with Merchandising and Buying teams for seasonal buy details and delivery schedules.
- Follow up on company initiatives and implementation. Collect photos and provide feedback to corporate partners.
- Develop and carryout training programs including documentation to build visual competencies within the shops. Oversee training of store personnel on visual standards and product.
- VM buys for Retail. This includes cost effective sourcing, managing to the budget and rolling out seasonal props.
- Maintain inventory of all visual props within existing and future stores.
- Work with local vendors for development and installation of window props, seasonal graphics, and in-store signage.
- Provide input on signage needs, materials, sizing and content.
- Set up the Showroom for Wholesale Market and PR events, ensure that the showroom meets all LKB Visual standards and relates to the US Wholesale market business.
- Process/Budget Management/KPI’s
- Manage and meet deadlines for the go-to-market process and calendar. Ensure product launches are in line with the UK.
- Manage the annual budget for arrangement of assets.
- Monitor KPI’s and enact changes and adjustments needed to ensure success by working closely with Retail Merchandising and Buying.
- Manage and oversee new store openings, repairs and renovations.
- Partner with architects and project managers to ensure timely opening and the punchlist has been completed.
- Partner with merchandising and buying team on product delivery and assortment for store opening.
- Order all props, fixtures, and mannequins for new store.
- Manage the Store Opening Checklist with corporate partners to ensure clear communication and expectation on delivery of materials for store opening.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Interior design or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in visual merchandising with a background in project management.
- Superior written and interpersonal communications skills with quick comprehension and clear articulation.
- Has managed employees in the past, enjoys coaching and developing a team. Demonstrates patience and understanding.
- Driven to learn and grow. Shows initiative, commitment, reliability and positivity. Displays a ‘no task is too big’ attitude.
- Grasps new concepts quickly, strong prioritization and organization skills.
- Excellent follow up and follow through, with strong attention to detail.
- High taste level. Does not accept mediocrity.
- Experience in opening stores and managing multiple projects.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop skills.