Our rapidly growing company is looking for a full-time, Luggage Designer. We need someone who is extremely creative, who is a quick thinker, who handles stress well, and who can finish a project by its deadline date. We also need someone who is able to communicate well and be a team player. If you have a “That’s not my job!” kind of mentality, then please do not apply. We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, who handles constructive criticism well, and who wants to succeed in the fashion world.
- Study markets, shop retail, and interact with consumer to establish trends.
- Responsible for all aspects of development – from start to finish
- Provide technical packages consisting of specs and materials to overseas development teams
- Present sample as envisioned and create linesheets
- Research and discover new formats, vendors, and trends to learn how brand can continue to develop and gain market share
- Production approvals and comments
- Creating trend boards, constantly researching to keep up with trends
- Create and develop logos, tags, molds and labels pertaining to brand image, linesheets
- Participation in meetings with clients
- Daily communication with direct supervisor
- College degree in design preferred
- 3+ years plus experience as a luggage designer
- Ability to hand sketch
- Must be extremely proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of target market
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability including strong color sense, pattern merchandising ability, commercial sense and market knowledge.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem solving ability
- Must have experience with developing repeats, color matching, and post-production color adjustments in Photoshop
- Able to multi task, and meet fast deadlines
This job is for someone who wants to learn and grow within our company, and who takes their job seriously.
*Local candidates only please