JUNIOR DESIGNER - Rhode Island
Support the designers in creating product and completing groups
- Complete PD sheets. Spec out items accurately.
- Manipulate jewelry from designer’s direction
- Create color charts
- Create bead boards to send to vendors for groups
- Gather parts for themselves and designers
- Research product ideas and silhouettes
- Design product
- Responsible for timelines/due dates
- Manipulate from designer’s direction
Design certain styles for product requests.
Assist in all design department functions.
Degree of Supervision
Under supervision of SR. Designer, duties are either set or assigned, depending on workload and department goals.
Weekly meetings are also held to determine department workload and projects for the week.
Junior Designer is assigned tasks by direct supervisor, Product Managers and Designers. Priorities change daily and are communicated by direct supervisor, Product Managers and Designers. Interpretation and creative problem solving are required.
Duties and Tasks
- Complete grids for designers
- Complete PD sheets. Accurately spec out items.
- Create bead boards and color charts
- Organizing samples/parts
- Research and bring new ideas
- Special Assignments
F1. Maintain a neat and orderly workspace.
F4. Assist with organizing department on an ongoing basis and after presentations.
F5. Continually look for cost savings. i.e. samples, supplies, copies, time management
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to accurately and neatly complete PD sheets. Measuring and describing jewelry components.
- Manipulating skills. Ability to make jewelry by hand.
- Ability to handle more than one project at a time and manage and hit deadlines
- Understand bestsellers
- Understand pricing/value
- Understand Assortment Plans
- Knowledge of where to go within the organization for needed information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative inter-department working relationships.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Prioritizing skills, including keeping and updating a daily to do list.
- Skill in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature.
- Skill in performing under stress and time constraints.
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with coworkers.
- Ability to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient on Word and Excel.
Job descriptions are subject to change. Such changes are generally communicated during the formal review process.
To Apply, please email your resume, applicable design samples, and most current/minimally requested salary.
We greatly appreciate any referrals should you note currently be interested in this role.