JEN7 WOMEN'S DESIGNER
Designs, executes and conceptualize seasonal lines with partnership with the Creative Director and Director of Merchandising. Work closely with the Design team to build a communication network to achieve common goals.
- Design an apparel line that is denim focused for JEN7 to meet and exceed expectations of market needs and is brand appropriate
- Ensure line plan and calendar is followed.
- Research and develop new fabrics/trims etc. Review presentation boards to be sure all have enough new ideas, designs, and fabrics.
- Attend and participate in fittings.
- Compile and present ideas to Creative Director and VP. Research trends and present new ideas through attending trade shows, reviewing fashion magazines, meeting with vendors, competitive shopping, etc.
- Ensure perfect protos are passes to dupes and pre-production.
- Collaborate with the 7FAM design team to ensure the JEN7 line is consistent and relatable, but also speaks directly to the target market for JEN7.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years of women’s denim design, preferably in the mature women’s market
- Must understand denim fabrications, washes and denim development.
- Must understand construction of denim 5 pockets, shirt and jackets and denim related fashion products.
- Understanding and knowledge of contemporary women’s market and must understand department store retail including a wide range of womenswear from trendy to mature to commercial
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be experienced in tech packs, BOM’s, PLM and/or Full Circle processing of tech packs.
- Must have talent in sketching ideas either by hand or illustrator and must be proficient and accurate in technical sketching.
Diversity Vision Statement:
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.