J2EE (Java) APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Solution Architect Omni-Channel systems
The position of J2EE (Java) Application Developer would be responsible for engineering and executing software enhancements, support maintenance, and other tasks as needed relating to omni-system platform. This is a fast paced environment, and being flexible and adaptable are required for success in this role. This is a perfect opportunity for ambitious mid to senior level developer to learn, grow and deliver results.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of an in house build intranet platform used for pick/pack/ship for all types of ECOM orders as well as newly designed Store Inventory Management system.
- New enhancements or modifications to existing data interfaces as well as integration and building new ETL services for NYCO omni-channel systems (Spring Batch or other ETL tool)
- Define and implement various alerts and custom dashboards to allow real time monitoring of different mission critical applications using AppDynamics and Splunk.
- Design, implement and support NYCO Platform Framework (Centralized Logging, Security, Versioning, Encryption, and Monitoring) using common Java API. Contribute to development of NYCO Application Network of reusable components.
- Work with the middleware technology team for development, enhancement, maintenance and support of our Mulesoft ESB platform.
- Work with key, internal cross-functional stakeholders of omni-channel systems to troubleshoot issues and enhance customer experience
- Self-starter with an agile approach to software development
- Conduct research and find solutions for complex technical problems.
- Take personal responsibility for delivery of software components.
- Design, prototype, build, unit test, bug-fixing, and evaluation of key components of the project.
- Ability to work independently with the business users and IT team to gather project requirements.
- Write technical specifications to address business requirements.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong UX retail customer understanding with ability to effectively translate that Into smooth, flawless, functional UI implementation
- Ability to methodically and critically troubleshoot, triage, recommend, and implement user focused UI solutions.
- Ability to work with other technical engineers in a manner that fosters creative thinking and optimal solutions
- Ability to work in high intensity environment
- Ability to design and develop application functionality individually or under minimum supervision.
- Deep knowledge of MVC Architecture (Views, Controllers, Request mappings, Error handling etc.)
- Practical knowledge of Bootstrap UI components with AngularJs.
- Practical knowledge of Spring or Spring Boot framework
- Deep understanding of Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Strong knowledge of Web-Services, ability to implement and consume REST and SOAP web-services
- Knowledge of Security concepts and implementation in the Enterprise applications
- Good knowledge of Enterprise and Architectural Design Patterns, and ability to utilize them in the enterprise application design and development.
- Ability to work with JDBC template and write complex JDBC SQL Queries.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Java, J2EE, JTA, JDBC
- Spring or Spring Bootstrap Framework
- Spring Batch or other ETL tool
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS (MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2)
- Good knowledge of ActiveMQ or any similar JMS queue
- CI/CD – Jenkins/Nexus
- Versioning control – Bitbucket or any other GIT based repository
- Full SDLC knowledge and experience adhering to its phases E2E
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science or other Engineering degree
- Minimum of 7 years web development experience
- Minimum 5 years enterprise SDLC project implementations