Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
The Inventory Planner is responsible for contributing to profit and growth of all channels of trade of the Wholesale Division by supporting the planning, purchasing and maintenance of effective inventory levels. Mines data and produces reports, metrics and analysis to maximize return on investment for assigned channel of trade’s sales and inventory. Plans purchases and manages inventory to achieve financial objectives (maximizing sales potential, minimizing loss from phase-outs and stock-outs) and works closely with Sales, Logistics, Corporate Planning.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Projects inventory based on forecasted sales, planned purchases and other adjustments to provide Sales and Treasury with data for capital analysis and budgeting.
- Conducts and provides analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs) among level of stock and in transit quantities. Assures timely and accurate release of the following reports and information:Executes the purchasing process for Implementation and Carry Over products from overseas manufacturing plants, processing the procurement requests from customers and leveraging the forecast plan provided by the forecasting team.
- Inventory quality (inventory vs forecast), weekly
- Obsolete list (Modvar and ROP), weekly
- Production Reports (production file, tracker), weekly
- Monitors product flows from sources and provides visibility of future product availability.
- Promotes and activates special actions to reduce obsolescence and excess inventory (Retail, one off sales, other subsidiaries…).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in similar roles
- Robust quantitative approach to discussions
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills to provide statistics and metrics
- Ability to turn data into useful insights
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office and SAP
- Excel – ability/aptitude to learn/create spreadsheets using advanced formulas (V-lookups, IF statements, pivot tables, macros)
- Experience working on a legacy/enterprise database system and input and retrieve data
- Database – ability/aptitude to access reports, build and manipulate queries
- Product Management Software – understanding and ability to use basic functions relating to product styles and purchasing (Business Objects)
- Excellent communication skills and coordination capabilities
- Ability to drive conversation and influence peers
- Openness to change and confidence within both mature and non-mature environments
- Experience with fashion sales cycles and department store buying practices
- General understanding of the fashion and accessories industry
- AS400 experience