INVENTORY PLANNER & ALLOCATOR - NYC
Our client, is one of the leading brand of fashion and lifestyle accessories who are currently seeking an Inventory Planner & Allocator to join their team. The company’s international reputation for innovative accessories with a relaxed chic attitude extends over 25 years. They are distributed amongst the top retailer’s in the world.
Position Overview: Our client, is one of the leading brand of fashion and lifestyle apparel, RTW, and accessories. The Inventory Planner & Allocator is the front line of the Planning Department, tasked with ensuring the accurate execution of allocation and planning strategies for Retail, Wholesale, and Ecommerce Banners. Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels in the retail stores in order to maximize sales productivity and increase store sell thru. This will be done thru analysis and creating store contribution tables to ensure the right amount of merchandise is received in each store based upon sales and merchandising trends of each store. Inventory Planners will report to the Director of Planning and Allocation.
- The Inventory Planner & Allocator will develop, consolidate and communicate a comprehensive pre-season planning strategy for cross channel inventory movement that identifies opportunities and risks
- Reforecast business in-season based on current performance, present revised projections and recommendations to cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Ensure that each channel is planned and managed at appropriate growth rates and inventory is proactively managed
- Provide Merchants with analytics to support assortment decisions by channel and develop promotional and markdown strategies to maximize profitability and sales
- Analyze promotional effectiveness and make future recommendation
- Participate in all aspects of line building process with Merchandising Lead or participate in department projects to improve systems or efficiencies
- Partner with cross-functional teams to communicate division level financial merchandising plans that support the seasonal financial objectives
- Strategize, develop and present seasonal key item plans that support sales for retail stores, wholesale accounts and ecommerce.
- Identify and communicate potential inventory liabilities and drive appropriate actions to resolution
- Participate in developing processes that build efficiencies and streamline work streams
- Use retail financial measurements to evaluate short-term and long-term impacts of business decisions
- Retail planning or allocation experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in merchandising, business, finance, operations, or other related field.
- Ability to make decisions, work with numbers, and detect errors
- Ability to express and comprehend verbal and written information
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility to shift focus/priorities at a moment’s notice
- Team oriented; proactive and action-oriented worker
- Analytical, able to transform qualitative and quantitative data into executable strategies
- PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel
- Experience with Mirco-strategy is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related field
Benefits: Eligible for Atrium Care Package