INTERIOR DESIGN ADVISOR
Serena & Lily:
We believe that the formula for a happy home is different for everyone. It’s not about subscribing to one look or following a set of rules. It’s about trusting your instincts and making it up as you go. Discovering your personal style and expressing it with confidence. Creating a world that’s more colorful, more comfortable, more meaningful, more true. A beautiful backdrop for the life well-lived.
Serena & Lily has Design Advisor positions available in all 5 of our retail locations; The Hamptons, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Newport, CA and Westport, CT. Sales Associates/Design Advisors are responsible for creating a first-rate client experience through superior sales and service.
- Embody and operate by the Serena & Lily Brand Ethos (Innovation, Style, Integrity, Optimism, Expressiveness, Confidence & Appreciation.)
- Acts as brand steward in all interactions with Clients, Designers, Vendors and Co-workers.
- Create a warm, welcoming, inspiring on brand client experience
- Provide relevant design advice, product knowledge and product recommendations
- Contribute to Store sales goals through providing estimates, adding on and closing the sale
- Follow up on all orders and estimates, order flow, raise any client issues or order issues immediately to leadership for assistance in solving
- Master product knowledge and brand design inspiration.
- Assist in receipt of shipments, transfers, as well as merchandising; ensure selling floor is adequately presented and
stocked to brand standard.
- Contribute to growing the client base, including designer outreach.
- Other tasks assigned by Leadership.
Essential Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to deliver excellent on brand client service standard and ability to demonstrate best practices
- Proven ability to sell, utilizing product knowledge, brand inspiration and design/decor
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to ask questions and seek solutions; a self starter
- Microsoft Windows proficiency, especially Word and Excel
- 1 year of retail or relevant sales experience in interiors/home furnishings, relevant retail brand or client service industry
- Good communication skills, willingness to engage with clients
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong sense of personal style
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and clients.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
Ability to work varied hours