My client is a multi product wholesale accessory company based
in NYC. Their products are mostly hard goods (some soft goods).
They sell to Wal-mart, Sam’s Club, Ross, Dillard’s, Amazon,
Kmart, Home Depot, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Office Depot etc.
It is most important that you have worked with Asian factories
on a daily basis, know the entire importing/production process,
negotiations, documentation with excellent organizational &
communication skills along with advanced EXCEL skills.
The company is doing quite well and growing rapidly.
- Daily communication with suppliers to negotiate, place, track
and follow up on all purchase orders
- Daily communication with suppliers to get status updates on
all open production
- Manage and update open to buy report spreadsheet to update and
maintain PO details & all status updates
- Coordinate production and delivery of packaging to product
- Manage and update product duty rates & HTS codes
- Coordinate and forwarding of documents to freight forwarder to
arrange shipment bookings
- Management of factory audit, product testing & quality control
(knowledge of, will be handled by a QC person) a plus
- Coordinate all required documents to customs broker for
• 5++ years working with imports & production from China. You
do not have to have experience in hard goods but is a plus.
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Experience working with global supplier base
• Good understanding of trade compliance
• In depth knowledge and or experience with materials and
• Previous experience working with Wal-mart and knowledge of
Retail Link a plus.
• Logistics, project management and coordination experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Global Organization Skills: Ability to work across different
SALARY: Salary Based Upon Experience
**Please include salary requirements with your resume.