Human Resources Coordinator - Retail
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
Compliance & Administration/Project Management
- Support hiring managers with day to day administrative HR tasks
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA) process assistance:
- Processing requests from the field, sending initial paperwork, designating leaves, correspondence, and keeping track of deadlines and RTW date.
- Process background checks and relay results to the field.
- Create job abandonment letters
- Assist with new store openings: research state laws and organize state required forms/documents for new stores.
- Wage and Hour – payroll to provide exceptions reports by store
- Manage and follow up with field leadership to maintain compliance in-store
Talent Management/Employee Relations
- Handle low level corrective actions: keep track of warnings, organize electronic and hard copy Employee Relation files.
- Assist in Policy and Practices for the field by:
- Creating attendance tracker
- Upkeep of Shop Talk (HR Documents posted)
- Gate Keeper and maintenance of policy
- Retail Handbook (Canada)
- Succession Planning – participate in monthly calls with each district for follow up and maintenance of 9 box
- Filing and organization up keep: i.e. ER investigations, filling out termination document
- Track exit interview and provide recaps to HR leadership on a quarterly basis
- Maintain organizational charts on an ongoing basis
- Applicant tracking – working with WPS and stores to ensure filing is compliant
- New Hire packages: DM, GM, SM
- ICIMS roll out – administrative workload and compiling state specific forms
- Overall ICIMS maintenance, approval of job postings, and posting/closing jobs, location creation, sending links to DMs, troubleshooting iCIMS
- Travel booking for candidates (Area Managers and above)
- Bachelor's degree, and 1-2 years human resources experience peferred
- Experience interacting with clients/executives at all levels
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative
- Superior judgment, professionalism, poise; ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Excellent ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in a fast paced environment
- Must be intuitive, able to anticipate needs and drive solutions
- Possess analytical aptitude
- Proficient in ms office, specifically excel and powerpoint
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran