Fashion company is seeking a HR Manager will be responsible for supporting the corporate office and retail group team’s human resources needs including payroll management, talent acquisition and management, HR policy development and implementation, learning and development, employee relations, performance management, and compensation. ***Must have relevant HR experience with a Fashion Brand*** Previous experience with a well-known brand is a definite plus!! 80 – 90K.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Actively pursue knowledge of retail business practices, policies, organization structure, roles and responsibilities to better understand and support the business
• Develop, implement and manage employee on-boarding and off-boarding process
• Build relationships with staff at all levels; assure that new recruits integrate effectively into the organization
• Provide exceptional employee relations support. Conduct investigations when necessary and provide documentation and recommendations for internal review with management and legal partners. Facilitate effective communication to assigned managers and employees on Company policies, practices and initiatives
• Work with hiring managers to fill open positions, onboard new hires and build strong internal and external pipelines
• Ensure compliance with all federal and state employment practice for both the US and Canada
• Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
• Leverage knowledge of and experience with HR systems to use data to support process, procedure and program changes as activities are improved/transformed. Align and educate peers, direct reports and managers to ensure compliance.
• Provides administrative support, such as but not limited to, correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, and payroll management data entry.
• Provide payroll and benefits management
• Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation, processing & submission to Paycom of Scotch & Soda bi-weekly FT/PT multi-state payrolls
• Monitor and implement payroll and wage changes as dictated by federal and state laws. Manage compliance related aspects of payroll including data accuracy, federal and state payroll regulations and taxes
• Ability to travel to retail locations
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Human Resources or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience (employee relations, training and development, coaching/counseling, change management, recruiting etc.)
• Knowledge of the US labor regulatory environment and reporting requirements related to Human Resources
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate with all levels of staff and management
• Must possess a strong attention to detail and writing skills
• Strong project management skill with ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor and composure under potentially stressful situations
• Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, professional courtesy, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Requires a pro-active individual with ability to execute with excellence and work independently.
• Strong verbal communication and negotiation skills, customer service skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Luxury retail experience a plus along with a passion for the brand/fashion