The Human Resources Coordinator is a hands-on representative of the Human Resources (HR) department whose job is to help facilitate all basic HR functions. With diverse yet substantive job responsibilities, the HR Coordinator works with both current employees and new hires, making this a key position within a company.
This position is responsible for preparing and coordinating any functions pertaining to employment, compensation, labor negotiations and employee relations. The Human Resources coordinator plays an active role in formulating methods to improve employment policies, processes and practices as well as recommending changes to management.
You will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties and providing support to all units and departments in a centralized Human Resources capacity. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization.
- Responsible for payroll, benefit and pension administration for all associates and management
- Administer attendance management program by monitoring associate absences and issuing disciplinary action as per the attendance management policy
- Update and maintain role requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Participate in recruitment process and collaborate with manager to pre-screen, perform reference and background checks, interview and recruit staff
- Maximize the use of existing recruiting tools and continuously seek out innovative ways to attract talent
- Conduct interviews and administer various skills assessment tools, tests and examinations to fill vacant positions
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and onboarding to foster positive attitude towards HBC and Our Culture
- Provide counsel and policy interpretation to management team on HR related issues/concerns by interpreting the collective bargaining agreement and/or any relevant employment legislations
- Analyze employee turnover and retention, addressing employee matters and organizing work activities
- Participate in educating employees in health and safety, and sometimes taking disciplinary action against defiant employees including termination
- Foster productive and happy relationships among staff
- Assist with offer/termination processes and letters to ensure timely completion
- Update HR systems with hire, transfers, terminations, reporting changes, vacancy creation, charting employee into position
- Generate standard and ad hoc HR system reports as required
- Implement changes in order to save time or costs for HR and/or improve data integrity
- Assist in the design and delivery of HR Metrics and reporting solutions for use in business planning, analysis, and forecasting
- Monitor wage scale and process associate pay increases accordingly
- Act as an Owner/Operator by promoting and championing HBC’s Our Culture and facilitating engagement activities
- Post secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources
- CHRP designation an asset
- Highly proficient working on a PC (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time-management, problem solving and organizational skills, and are able to work with minimal direction.
- 1 year experience in the Human Resources function