The HCM Director will direct the design and operations of the organization's SaaS-based Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), as well as direct and administer HRIS/HCM policies and procedures. In addition, the role will lead the planning and implementation of upgrades, developments, and modifications of HCM to meet organizational goals. The HCM Director will develop, maintain and communicate aligned HCM strategy while overseeing implementation of projects to support the strategy. The HCM Director will manage prioritization of HCM projects and represent them in the corporate systems project portfolio. The role will lead the build and delivery of HR analytics, metrics, and custom tools.
- Ensure the development, requirements gathering, business process mapping, data conversion, systems configuration, testing, deployment, documentation, and updates for all HR systems. Support process enhancements and integrations.
- Serve as the HR main point of contact for/liaison to IT for HR systems and partner with them to ensure successful integration with other corporate systems.
- Identify opportunities for improving the effectiveness of processes, systems, and reports. Drive system enhancements using project management methodology. Continually review processes to identify and optimize systems solutions and the potential for automation.
- Build and deliver HR analytics, metrics, and scorecard utilizing reporting tools. Consult with and present to senior management teams as required.
- Ensure HR system data security, integrity, and accuracy. Oversee maintenance of data and assure that data is available in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance on complex or escalated HR system issues. Act as resource to troubleshoot all HR system related discrepancies and provide problem resolution.
- Manage HCM system steadystate including monitoring of system and employee issues. Suggest system and process improvements.
- Lead the development, delivery, and maintenance of HRIS system end-user training and education.
- Manage and train HCM team member(s).
- Liaison with IT and HR Partners to manage and priorities HRIS system requests including new functionality, reporting and integrations.
- Ensure HCM systems and data is compliant with PII and Segregation of Duties and adheres to company policies and procedures
- Manage the prioritization of HCM work.
- Provide project related support in administering and executing yearly processes (i.e. talent management, performance management, Benefit Open Enrollment etc.). Recommend custom tools as needed.
- Responsible for managing HCM system semi-annual updates and communication of new functionality
- Liaison with HR and IT for troubleshooting inbound and outbound integrations to the HRIS system.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, information systems, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in HRIS / HCM
- 7+ years of experience in business analysis
- Prior experience in the implementation, development, and functional support of an enterprise level HR system.
- Experience in managing medium size projects
- Experience with Workday, iCims and Lawson preferred
Skills and Behaviors:
- Knowledge of integrated systems reporting
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills; expert in Excel, Access, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of HCM technology (Oracle, SAP, Workday, others), as well as strong knowledge of functional HR practices.
- Proven organizational and project management skills to effectively balance competing priorities while adhering to project deadlines.
- Ability to work towards multiple deadlines with shifting priorities