GRADER AND MARKER MAKER
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30 years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced apparel Grader and Marker Maker. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Grade patterns in Gerber-Accumark system and Lectra Pattern Design.
- Create markers in Gerber-Accumark system.
- Promptly tend to vendor inquiries regarding production markers, layouts, production patterns and grading specifications.
- Develop efficient marker files for all new designs patterns, season samples, and prototypes.
- Work closely with pattern maker, fabric team and design on fabric widths, layout, prints and matching etc.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, advice on most efficient use of fabric and special layout instructions keeping in mind the capabilities of the domestic and overseas cutting processes.
- Digitize patterns into the Gerber Accumark system Lectra pattern design.
- Assist on creating special fit requests markers.
- Manage and organize patterns and marker files in pattern Library.
- Creating sample markers and plotting patterns.
- Create special fit requests patterns thru grade adjustments in addition to yields and markers.
- Maintain plotter efficiency; paper, rebooting, calibrating, ink.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to develop, grade and maintain pattern changes are essential for this position.
- Ability to develop markers in Gerber Accumark system
- Experience on Lectra pattern design and Gerber software.
- Background and experience in pattern making.
- Thorough understanding of the production process as it relates to pattern design.
- Must have design awareness and pattern development skills, knowledge of garment construction, fit interpretation, grading, cutting and textiles.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Great organizational skills.