Do you have a passion for trends? A strong background in performance apparel or footwear?
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sebago, Sperry, Stride Rite, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
Based in one of the key U.S. markets, New York City (NYC) or Los Angeles (LA), the Global Trend Manager will research global lifestyle and product trends: key themes/moods, colors, materials, details, prints and silhouettes. They will own the Active/Performance category head to toe & will provide support to top tier brands. Manage the graphic support and technology for related trend communications & reports. This role supports the Global Trend Director with established brand partnerships and builds new partnerships with WWW Active/Performance brands.
- Conduct ongoing macro trend research (science, world news, cultural, technology along with following our subscription service articles & reports) and participates in general research brainstorms with Global Trend and Corporate Strategy Team
- Assist with creation and presentation of Seasonal Global Trend and creative direction
- Engage in focused trend research for the Active & Performance categories and create highly detailed trend presentations
- Research in-season emerging trends and compile insight for frequent trend updates; quick-fire and/or scheduled trend updates as needed
- Interface with and provide Active/Performance design teams with latest trend insights and execute special request projects
- Identify speed to market and quick-react opportunities throughout the season.
- Design in-season presentation layouts and updates using Adobe Creative Suite and Email system platforms
- Manage blog, web & editorial research; update Director with latest relevant news
- Develop new and innovative ways to present trends and communications through new media like movies & web-based interfaces
- Attend Domestic trend presentations & meet with external trend services
- Attend domestic and international trade shows, create actionable reports
- Conduct domestic and international market trend research and create comprehensive reports
- Travel domestically to head offices in MA and MI to attend key milestone meetings and present trend research
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- College degree with 7-8 years trend experience
- Proven skills at identifying & executing adoption of lifestyle, fashion & footwear trends
- Great collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong written and visual communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with experience presenting in front of product and executive teams
- Sharp mind for organization and information hierarchies and/or timelines
- Strong technical skills a must – MicroSoft Office, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite
- InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator – intermediate level
- Experience with travel in key domestic and international market highly preferred
- Must be highly self-motivated and comfortable working under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
Office environment depends on location in LA or NYC. Position is not permanently located in our corporate offices; however there will be relatively frequent travel to our corporate campuses. Domestic and International travel required.
Applicants should expect to submit a portfolio with application and demonstrate skills in InDesign during the interview process
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).